Our annual celebration of the Grateful Dead and Rex Foundation fundraiser returns on June 8th and 9th!
Wavy Gravy will be in attendance as our Guest of Honor celebrating his 82nd birthday.
The weekend will feature:
– 2 star-studded evening concerts
– A Grateful Brunch on Saturday afternoon
– Scott Shapiro’s world class collection of Grateful Dead poster art on display
– Tom Hamilton, Holly Bowling & Friends with Steve Kimock & Johnny Kimock
– The Wavy All-Stars: John Kadlecik, Dan Lebowitz, Reed Mathis, Jay Lane, Hayley Jane
– Everyone Orchestra, conducted by Matt Butler: Steve Kimock, Eric Krasno, Todd Stoops, Natalie Cressman, Robin Sylvester, Johnny Kimock, Hayley Jane, Pappy Biondo
In-the-Round acoustic storytelling feat. Steve Kimock, John Kadlecik, Dan Lebowitz + Panel Discussion with Wavy Gravy, Cameron Sears (Grateful Dead manager), & more TBA
Featuring Scott Shapiro’s Grateful Dead Collection
12 pm Doors / 12:30pm Show
– Rooster Conspiracy: Eric Krasno, Todd Stoops, Reed Mathis, Jay Lane
– Jeff Austin Band with Pappy Biondo
– The Gravy All-Stars: Steve Kimock, Dan Lebowitz, Jeff Austin, Robin Sylvester, Natalie Cressman, Matt Butler, Johnny Kimock w/ Eric Krasno & Pappy Biondo
– Late night set: Splintered Sunlight with John Kadlecik, Hayley Jane, and Pappy Biondo
VIP Tickets include:
Meet & Greet (Artists + Wavy Gravy); 3 Hour Open Bar (7–10 PM); Complimentary Hors D’oeuvres, Private Seating / Viewing Area; Screen-Printed Event Poster; Exclusive Grateful Dead Art Exhibit (Scott Shapiro collection) & Private Balcony Access
Attendees who are looking for a hotel for the weekend can use our preferred rate from our sponsor, Courtyard Marriott City Avenue(subject to availability).
Click on the following link to book the Ardmore Music Hall rate of $134.00 plus tax (based upon availability) at the Courtyard Marriott Philadelphia City Avenue: Book your corporate rate for Ardmore Music Hall
Alternatively, go to www.marriott.com/phlav and enter the corporate booking code T18 under Special Rate “Corporate/Promo” section after entering the dates needed.
Call 24-hours a day at Marriott Reservations: 866-877-1206 and ask for the “Ardmore Music Hall” rate while booking.
About The Rex Foundation: In the fall of 1983, the Rex Foundation was established as a non-profit charitable organization by members of the Grateful Dead, their friends, and families, to further the long-established tradition of generosity the band was well-known for. Supporting programs that might otherwise be overlooked by mainstream funders, The Rex Foundation offers unsolicited small grants, generally in the $5,000 range, to organizations in the U.S. and beyond who are doing innovative grassroots work in supporting the environment, education, arts for youth, social services, building community and other areas aligned with the Rex mission. Since 1984 the Rex Foundation has granted $8.9 million to over 1,200 recipients.
About Camp Winnarainbow: Camp Winnarainbow is a circus and performing arts camp founded and led by Wavy Gravy and his family. The camp provides a training ground to nurture leaders for a peaceful, harmonious and sustainable world by teaching responsibility for one’s own behavior and developing confidence, inner security and appropriate self-expression. The camp encourages respect for oneself, others, and the environment while valuing the uniqueness of each individual, within the diversity of racial, cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds that comprise the camp community.